|Yards Brewing Company
500 Spring Garden Street | Philadelphia, PA 19123
(215) 634-2600 x106
Yards Brewing Company recently opened Yards Brewery and Taproom, located inside a 70,000 square foot facility at 500 Spring Garden Street in the Northern Liberties neighborhood of Philadelphia. Nicknamed “Philadelphia’s Brewery,” Yards has been brewing beer in Philadelphia since 1994.
The modern industrial space boasts 25-foot ceilings, massive metallic lights, and large wooden tables with large windows offering prime views of the brewery. An attached room complete with a shuffleboard table, a pool table, and a dart board offers space for those that want to hang out.
The large wooded bar near the entrance features 20 taps and plenty of televisions to catch your favorite Philly sports team in action. Also located near the front entrance is a small shop, offering Yards merchandise and beer to go.
In addition, there will be an outdoor space for when it gets warmer, and there is a private event space upstairs that overlooks the entire taproom and brewery.
While the new 100 barrel brewhouse and KHS canning line aren’t quite up and running yet, the taproom and kitchen are already busy serving up beer and food.
The tap list included…
- Brawler – 4.2% ABV English Mild
- Extra Special Ale – 6% ABV ESB
- Philadelphia Pale Ale – 4.6% ABV American Pale Ale
- Signature IPA – 7% ABV American IPA
- Love Stout – 5.5% ABV Nitro Stout
- General Washington’s Tavern Porter – 7% ABV English-style Porter
- Thomas Jefferson’s Tavern Ale – 8% ABV Strong Golden Ale
- Poor Richard’s Tavern Spruce – 5% ABV Amber Ale with Spruce and Molasses
- Lager – 5.3% ABV Pilsner-style Lager
- Wheat – 5.5% ABV Belgian-style Witbier
- Saison – 6.5% ABV Belgian-style Saison
- Tripel – 8.6% ABV Belgian-style Tripel
- Pynk – 5.5% ABV Tart Fruit Beer
- Grapefruit Pale Ale – 6.1% ABV Grapefruit Pale Ale
- Rival IPA – 6.2% ABV West Coast Rye IPA
- Cape of Good Hope – 9.7% ABV Double IPA
- Russian Imperial Stout – 10.8% ABV Russian Imperial Stout
- Nitro ESA – 6% ABV Nitro ESB
- Barrel-Aged Sour Pynk – 5.5% ABV Pynk aged in Chardonnay Barrels
- Barrel-Aged Sour Saison – 6.5% ABV Saison aged in Chardonnay Barrels
There are two flights offered for $7 each. The Signature Ales flight includes Brawler, ESA, Philadelphia Pale Ale, and Signature IPA. The Revolutionary Ales flight includes Tavern Porter, Tavern Ale, Tavern Spruce, and Love Stout. Click here for the most current tap list.
The food menu includes typical bar snacks like wings, a Bavarian pretzel, housemade pickles, steamed mussels, and spiced nuts, to creative offerings like saffron arancino, reuben fritters, Jonah crab toast, pork belly kebabs, and foie gras poutine.
For a lighter option salads, including a green salad with honey-lemon dressing and a cobb salad with mustard vinaigrette, are available, as well as minestrone soup. Sandwich options include fried chicken, roast pork, cheddar bratwurst, patty melt, crabcake, and the Ploughman’s Sandwich with liverwurst, sharp cheddar, and apple. Entrees include the Philly Pale Chicken, Venison Chili, Fish and Chips, and Miso Ramen with mushroom dashi, 6-minute egg, and charred broccolini.
Really hungry? Try the Yards BBQ Platter for two with Texas brisket, cheddar bratwurst, St. Louis ribs, cole slaw, and potato salad. Dessert options include Bassetts ice cream, beer float, root beer float, shake, and stout chocolate moose. Click here for the full food menu.
For your designated drivers, it is worth mentioning that the only non-alcoholic drinks are root beer and water.
The taproom is open Sundays from 11am to 10pm, Monday through Wednesday from 11:30am to 10pm, Thursday and Friday 11:30am to 11pm, and Saturdays from 11am to 11pm. The taproom is closed on Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day and Thanksgiving.
Parking is accessible on 5th Street in the fenced-in lot behind the brewery as well as surrounding street parking. SEPTA’s Market Frankford Line stops a few blocks away at 2nd and Spring Garden Street.