|Forest & Main Brewing Company
61 N. Main St. | Ambler, PA 19002
Forest & Main Brewing Company, located in Ambler, PA, held its grand opening on April 13, 2012. Located at the corner of Forest and Main, the brewpub is located inside a restored 1880s Victorian mansion.
The living room-like bar is located in the room to the left as you enter. A cozy dining room is located in the room to the right, with additional seating upstairs and on the front porch.
The beer list is inspired by owners Daniel Endicott and Gerard Olson – one bringing a love for English session ales, while the other has a passion for Belgian farmhouse style beers.
Beers are available in flights, 16-ounce pints, or 20-ounce imperial pints. The beers available during our visit included…
Of British Inspiration
- Neck – 5.25% lush pale ale generously hopped with Citra and Mosaic. Notes of guava, citrus, cannabis and vanilla.
- Forehead – 5.75% IPA heavily hopped with Huell Melon and Mandarina Bavaria. Notes of white grape, cotton candy, ripe melon, and vanilla.
- Kinch – 6% IPA featuring low bitterness and a pronounced citrus hop aroma and flavor.
- Tugboat – 5.25% British style E.S.B brewed with lots of Marris Otter and noble German hops. Notes of black tea, marmalade, and anise.
- Tiny Tim – 5% dark, dry, and hoppy bitter. Subtle notes of caramel malt, and earthy hops. Served at cellar temperature.
Of Belgian Inspiration
- Cere Belly – 4% lightly tart saison with notes of vanilla, citrus, brown sugar, and bubble gum. Brewed entirely with malt and hops from Deer Creek Malthouse and fermented with their foraged yeast culture.
- Solaire – 4.5% straw colored, brightly hoppy saison.
- Nová Sezona – 5.5% light Saison, heavily dry hopped with Citra and Hallertau Blanc. Lush dank fruit notes including grape, papaya, tangerine and vanilla.
Bottles of Solaire Reserve were available to-go or for in house consumption for $12 each.
After you choose a beer, be sure to order some food, too! Looking for a snack? Order a bucket of popcorn. Choose from Sweet & Spicy, Dill & Nutritional Yeast, Parmesan & Black Pepper, or Dan’s favorite, Bacon.
Craving something more? Try a sandwich like the Chicken-Apple Herb Sausage, Banh Mi, or F & M Burger. Other options include BBQ Hop Wings, Buttercrunch Salad, Mussels, or Fish & Chips.
Forest & Main is currently in the early stages of an expansion. The 3,100 square foot warehouse next door is being transformed into a barrel aging space, larger taproom, and stage for live music.
When you visit, the pub accepts reservations for parties of five and larger. Happy Hour is from 5 to 7 PM Tuesday to Friday, featuring $1 off all beer, as well as food specials.
Forest & Main is open Tuesday to Thursday 4 to 11 PM (kitchen until 10 PM), Friday 4 PM to midnight (kitchen until 11 PM), Saturday Brunch from 11:30 AM to 3 PM and Dinner from 5 to 11 PM, and Sunday Brunch from 11:30 AM to 3 PM and Dinner from 4:30 to 9 PM.
This trip to Forest & Main reminded me that it has been way too long since my last visit, and I need to stop by way more often.