San Francisco’s Almanac Beer Company, founded in 2010 by Jesse Friedman and Damian Fagan, recently partnered with Bella Vista Beer Distributors to launch distribution in Philadelphia and Eastern Pennsylvania.
To welcome Almanac’s fresh beers and barrel aged sours to the City of Brotherly Love, several events took place throughout the past week. Meet the Brewer events took place at Devil’s Den on October 6th and Tria Taproom on October 9th. A beer pairing event took place at Jerry’s Bar on October 7, and a beer tasting took place at Local 44 on October 9. V Street, the newest vegan eatery from Vedge, hosted a beer dinner with Almanac on October 8th. The six course meal paired 6 Almanac brews with delicious and unique vegan dishes. The week culminated with Almanac’s first appearance at a Philadelphia area brewfest at the Kennett Brewfest on October 10th. The event featured beers from over 90 local, regional, and craft breweries.
An After Party was held at Teresa’s Cafe & Next Door Bar that evening. The event featured 12 Almanac beers on tap.
- Almanac Ginger Gose – 5% ABV tart, Leipzig-style recipe of pale malt, wheat, coriander, and SF Bay sea salt with spicy ginger.
- Almanac Paris of the West – 9.5% ABV decadent dark quadrupel-style ale with dark candi sugar, dried flame grapes, and orange peel, then fermented with a French ale yeast.
- Almanac Saison Dolores – 6.8% ABV bright, aromatic brew with barley, rye, and Sonoran Wheat grown in Mendocino County. Fermented with house Saison yeast.
- Almanac Golden Gate Gose – 5% ABV draft-only beer inspired by the classic wheat beers of Leipzig, brewed with SF Bay sea salt, lemon verbena, and coriander.
- Almanac Farmers Reserve Citrus (2015) – 7% ABV sour blond ale with Buddha’s Hand citrons and Uzu and Blood Oranges from Hamada Farms.
- Almanac Pumpkin Sour (2015) – 8.5% ABV spiced brown ale aged in wine and Woodford Reserve Bourbon barrels with hand-roasted California heirloom pumpkins.
- Almanac Citra Sour – 7% ABV single-hop sour with hints of grapefruit, melon, and passionfruit.
- Almanac Horchata Almond Milk Stout – 6.5% ABV spiced dark beer inspired by the traditional Mexican rice drink spiced with cinnamon and vanilla.
- Almanac IPA – 7.5% ABV India Pale Ale brewed with Magnum, Chinook, Cascade, El Dorado, and Simcoe hops giving intense aromas of grapefruit, tangerine, pineapple, and pine trees.
- Almanac Simcoe Sour – 7% ABV dry-hopped sour with musty, piney flavors.
- Almanac Dogpatch Sour – 7.5% ABV barrel-aged wild ale aged in wine barrels. Brewed with California Rainier cherries using a house blend of wild yeasts, bacteria, and SF sourdough yeast.
- Almanac Saison de Brettaville – 7.2% ABV saison featuring the best characteristics of brettanomyces with notes of tropical fruit and pleasant, earthy funk.
Teresa’s offered each beer in 10-ounce pours in house and 32-ounce growler fills to go.
Bella Vista Beer Distributors will receive Almanac’s full current portfolio, including the Fresh Beer and Fresh Beer Limited Series, as well as Almanac’s range of Farm to Barrel oak-aged beers. There will be additional seasonal and special releases throughout the year.
Almanac Beer Company focuses on farm-to-barrel brewing, selecting the best in locally sourced fruit and blending it into beers inspired by the great brewing traditions of the world. They are dedicated to producing seasonal artisan ales, brewed specifically to complement local cuisine sourced and prepared with the same great care and craft.