|7venth Sun Brewery
1012 Broadway | Dunedin, FL 34698
Located in Dunedin, Florida, 7venth Sun Brewery was founded by Devon Kreps and Justin Stange on January 7, 2012 in a small storefront location on Broadway. Devon holds a degree in Fermentation Science from Oregon State University. She brewed for Anheuser-Busch, then became production Manager at Sweetwater Brewing in Atlanta. Justin has brewed at Sweetwater and Cigar City in Tampa, Florida.
There is a small parking lot next to the brewery and plenty of outdoor seating, both out front and along the side of the building. Inside, visitors can sip brews at the bar or in the small room adjacent to the bar offering views of the brewing space.
All of the bartenders at 7venth Sun are Cicerone certified. The menu of unique brews offers everything from Belgian-style beers and IPAs to barrel-aged beers and oak-aged sour beers brewed on the four and half barrel system. The beers on tap during our visit included:
- Belge Brune – 7.4% ABV Belgian Brown
- Buddy Brune – 7.4% ABV Ethiopian Coffee Brown
- Mangrove – 10% ABV Double IPA
- Time Bomb – 4.5% ABV Session IPA with Citra and Nelson
- Graffiti Orange – 5.9% ABV Creamsicle Wheat
- Pretty Face – 6.3% ABV Rose Petal and Lemon Zest with Brett
- Or It Gets the Gose Again – 3.5% ABV Cucumber Gose
- BA Saison in Paradise – 5.0% ABV Barrel Aged Saison
- Red d’Or – 7.9% ABV Belgian Golden Strong with Raspberry
- Rum Barrel Aged Temerity – 9.7% ABV Belgian Strong Dark Ale
I sampled several 7venth Sun brews during our visit, and I was impressed by each one. The Buddy Brune offered delicious coffee flavor, while the Graffiti Orange was quite refreshing and tasted just like one of my favorite childhood treats. Mangrove, the double IPA, was quite popular at the bar. I picked up a kick ass T-shirt and a bottle of Bretta Off Dead, which I consumed a few days later at our hotel.
Beers are available in 4 ounce, 12 ounce, and 16 ounce pours, as well as growlers to go. Bottles of Bretta Off Dead were available for $6 with a limit of 6 bottles per person. T-shirts, hats, glassware, knit coozies, and boy short undies were also available. Meads from B. Nectar Meads were also available at the bar. Click here to see what beers are currently on tap.
Perhaps you’ve heard about 7venth Sun from the Hunahpu’s Hangover Day event, the after party for Cigar City’s Hunahpu Day, the second of which happened this past March. No matter what time of year it is, 7venth Sun is worth a stop.