|Red Castle Brewpub
80 East Bridge Street | Lehighton, PA 18235
Red Castle Brewery, Brewpub, and Wine Bar is located in Lehighton in Carbon County, PA. Founded by entrepreneur, Frank “Frankie P.” Potoczak and Brewmaster, Tony Serafino, the establishment features handcrafted microbrews, wine, and Polish-American cuisine. Red Castle Brewery, Brewpub, and Wine Bar (formerly The Castle Grill) held a grand opening on August 1, 2014.
The small, wooden building, located just off Route 209, not far from Allentown, gives you an “outdoorsy” feeling with both dark red and light green painted walls, glass growler light fixtures, and tons of wooden accents.
Beers can be purchased in flights of 4 beers or by the pint. Growlers fills can be purchased, and occasionally beers are available in 22-ounce bottles to go. Brewmaster Tony currently brews 16 different beers. The beers on tap during our visit included:
- Demagogue – a 10% ABV Chocolate Peanut BUtter Raspberry Vodka Oatmeal Stout
- Anarchy – a 9.5% ABV Apricot Nut Brandy Brown Ale
- Pils of Plunder – a 5.6% ABV Polish Pilsner
- Queens Guard – a 6.2% ABV American Pale Ale
- Knights of Passion – a 5.6% ABV Chocolate Cherry Dunkelweizen
- Knights of Mayhem – an 8% ABV Imperial IPA
- Wicked Jester – a 6.2% ABV Raspberry Wheat
- Dark Dungeon – a 6.5% ABV Bourbon Coffee Stout
- Dragons Breath – 6.6% ABV Smoked Rye IPA
The menu at Red Castle Brewpub offers appetizers like weiners, loaded fries, and pierogies. Sandwiches include various burgers, cheesesteaks, a schnitzel sandwich, and Grandpa’s Kielbasa Sandwich. Try the Polish Platter, which includes Kielbasa, Haluski & Halupki.
Wines from Galen Glen Winery in Andreas, PA are available, as well as Birch Beer.
During my visit I met Don C. and his family. Don will be brewing a big cookie stout with Tony and Frankie soon. In fact, he was dropping off the Dutch cocoa that day!