|Marley’s Brewery and Grille
1323 Columbia Boulevard | Bloomsburg PA 17815
Marley’s Brewery and Grille is located in Bloomsburg, PA. Named after the owner’s dog, the original location opened in February 2011 on Main Street. The new location on Columbia Boulevard, just one mile from the previous location, opened on June 20, 2013.
In 2013, Marley’s Brewery and Grille made a name for themselves when they won the Bronze Medal in the Specialty Ale category at the Great American Beer Festival, the largest national beer competition. Pack Dog Peanut Butter Ale, Marley’s most famous beer was created by then Brewmaster, Mark Braunwarth.
Current Brewmaster Bill Ehlert continues the tradition of delicious brews with the following beers on tap during my visit:
- Kong Kölsch – 5% ABV German Kölsch
- Tire Chaser IPA – 5.2% ABV West Coast IPA
- Dog Runner Red – 6% ABV Amber Ale
- Rope Tug Rye – 5.2% ABV Rye Beer
- Golden Retriever Ale – 4.6% ABV Golden Ale
- American Pale Ale – 5% ABV Pale Ale
- Marley’s Irish Stout – 4.6% ABV Irish Stout
- American Wheat – 3.8% ABV Wheat
- Marley’s Chocolate Irish Stout – 4.6% ABV Irish Stout
- Pack Dog Peanut Butter Ale – 6% ABV Specialty Ale
- American Wit – 3.8% ABV Wit
The Pack Dog Peanut Butter Ale was definitely a standout in the bunch, but I also enjoyed the refreshing Tire Chaser IPA. Beers can be purchased by the pint, in flights of 4, 6, or 10, and in growlers to go.
Don’t just stop in for beer because the restaurant at Marley’s offers a unique twist on American bar food including soups, sandwiches, wraps, pastas, and entrees.
Start with Crab and Shrimp Dip or Irish Waffle Fries. Enjoy the Pulled Pork Sandwich, Crab Cake Sliders, or one of the unique half-pound burgers. For an entree, try the Old Bay Seafood Duo, Almond Maple Chicken, or Filet Tourteau. The house brick oven also serves up pizza, calzones, and strombolis.
On Thursdays, enjoy All You Can Eat Fish Fry for $10.95, or stop by on a Tuesday for $0.35 Wing Night. You can get $3 pints on Mondays from 8 to 10 PM, Wednesdays from 7 to 9 PM, and Sundays from 1 to 3 PM. Reservations are recommended for dinner.