With Greg Orth from Craft Tastings, LLC…
For this Valentine episode we were joined by Greg Orth, who introduced us to the magically taste-gasmic world of chocolate and beer pairing. Greg founded Craft Tastings, which specializes in hosting beer and chocolate pairing events, after years of enjoying and homebrewing great beers and nearly a decade and a half of working at Hershey’s Chocolate.
The beers and sweet-sweet chocolate…
- Ommegang Witte with Lindt Orange
5.2% Wheat Ale/Dark Chocolate with Orange Pieces
- Boxcar Mango/Ginger IPA with Vosges Mo’s Bacon Bar
7.0% American IPA/Chocolate with Hickory Smoked Bacon and Smoked Salt
- Goose Island Sofie with B.T. McElrath Prairie Dog
6.5% Saison/Milk Chocolate with Butter Toffee and Sea Salt
- Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale with Scharffen Berger
7.2% American Brown Ale/Deep Dark Chocolate with Cacao Beans from Nine Sources
- Troegs Mad Elf with Hershey Special Dark
11.0% Belgian Strong Dark Ale/Simple, Elegant Dark Chocolate
PLUS… We challenged Greg to find a chocolate to pair with the inimitable Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA.
Of course, he rose to the challenge. Find out what he chose!