Harrisburg Beer Week Little Big Beer Fest 2017 at Appalachian Brewing
For the third year running, we took the stage at Harrisburg Beer Week’s premiere fest event, Little Big Beer Fest at Appalachian Brewing Company. This fest features a limited number of high ABV beers from some of Central PA’s top breweries and caps off the weeklong celebration of craft beer in the state capitol. The brainchild of the Stouts and Stilettos crew and Sara Bozich, Harrisburg Beer Week has continued to grow in scope and success in its third year. We caught up with several old friends of the show as well as welcoming some new-comers. As usual, delicious brews and awesome people abounded at one of our favorite beer fests of the year.
Tierney Pomone, Chelsie Markel & Colleen Gray Nguyen
Harrisburg Beer Week Founders
- 717 Collaboration Ale – 4.5% ABV Pilsner, Official HBG Beer Week Beer
Mike Brubaker from Moo Duck Brewery
Patrick McCarthy, Homebrewer (Collaborated on the Beers)
- She’ll Never Let Us Call It That with Mango – Double IPA
- Raspberry Coffee Vanilla Imperial Stout
- Kumquat – Hazy Imperial IPA
JR Heaps from South County Brewing Company
- Lupulin Church – 9% Double IPA
- Gelato – 8% Double IPA Brewed with Lactose and Conditioned on Fruit and Vanilla
Brian Keeney and Brad Stump from Big Bottom Brewery
- Laid Back Gin n Juice – 9.5% ABV Saison
- Monk in the Trunk – Belgian Golden Strong
Bruce Tanner from Ever Grain Brewing Co.
- Threesome – 9.1% ABV Belgian Tripel
- Dark Necessity – 10% ABV Russian Style Imperial Stout
Francisco Ramirez from Mad Chef Craft Brewing
- Apple Squasher Saison – Imperial French Saison with Butternut Squash & Kauffman’s Farms Cider
- Drunk Monk – Belgian Tripel
- Golden Goose – Braggot with Orange Blossom Honey and Gooseberries
- Baby Face – Session IPA
Alan Miller, Karl Larson & Alex Govelovich
from Boneshire Brew Works
- Blootered Bastart – Wee Heavy Collab with Jeremy Nye
- Lazaris Coconut – 9.5% ABV Imperial Stout
- IPA Hop Test #2 – 9.5% ABV IPA
- Fresh Out the Kitchen – Oatmeal Cookie Stout
Jared Barnes from Collusion Tap Works
- Dole – 10% ABV Imperial Cherry Berlinerweiss
- I Reminisce – 10% ABV Russian Imperial Stout
Tony Schneider & Dave Morrow
from Tattered Flag Brewery and Still Works
- Superghost – Big IPA with Mangoes and Ghost Peppers
Brooks Hemauer & Brad Moyer from Hemauer Brewing Co.
- Super Dilled – Imperial Pale Ale
- Peep Show – Easter Style Beer
Lauren Ishaq from Harty Brewing Co.
- Orange Blossom Belgian Tripel – 9.8% ABV
- Bourbon Oaked Imperial Stout – 8.9% ABV
Derek Wolf from Wolf Brewing Co.
- Imperial Breakfast in a Glass – Imperial Milk Stout with Maple Syrup, Cinnamon and Vanilla
- Yuzu DIPA – New England style Double IPA with Yuzu Juice.
- Haze on the Horizon – Collab with Molly Pitcher Brewing