|Conshohocken Brewing Company – Bridgeport Pub
3 DeKalb Street | Bridgeport, PA 19405
Conshohocken Brewing Company opened a second location in August 2016. The pub, located in Bridgeport, is five miles up the Schuylkill River from the original location.
The bi-level space seats 180 with two bars and plenty of dining room seating. The industrial space features gray and red paint, exposed metal and brick, and large windows.
The pub serves up beers from 12 taps. Head brewer Andrew Horne uses the new three barrel system mainly for small batch beers.
The beers on tap included…
- Life Coach Session IPA – 5.1% ABV Session IPA with Citra, Calypso, and Simcoe hops
- Puddlers Row ESB – 5.4% ABV Extra Special Bitter
- Shot Through the Tart – 6.1% ABV Kettle Soured German Pilsner
- Singularity #1 Belgian Pale Ale – 6.4% ABV Belgian-style Pale Ale
- Henning’s Stout – 4.5% ABV Stout
- Yes, Have Some Blonde Ale – 5.6% ABV Blonde Ale
- Festbier – 5.4% ABV Festbier
- Red Eye Red Ale – 4.5% ABV Red Ale
- Nightmare on E. Elm Street Pumpkin Ale – 6.3% ABV Pumpkin Ale
- Type A West Coast Style IPA – 7% ABV IPA with Citra, Mosaic, and Simcoe hops
- English Breakfast – 5.4% ABV ESB with Coffee
- Zone of Danger – 8.5% ABV West Coast DIPA
- Ivory Leg Imperial Wit – 8% ABV Imperial Witbier
- Tripel Deke – 8.5% ABV Tripel
Beers can be purchased in 4-ounce, 8-ounce, or 16 ounce pours. Imperial beers can be purchased in 4-ounce or 12-ounce pours. Beer can be purchased to go in cans or 32-ounce and 64-ounce growlers.
In addition to beer, Pennsylvania craft spirits from Boardroom, Five Saints, and Manatawny are available, as well as wines from Karamoor and Chaddsford.
The pub boasts a full kitchen, located inside a quirky food truck, and the menu features creations from chef Justin Henning.
Small bites include Bavarian soft pretzel, house made corn chips and salsa, deviled eggs, beer fried cheese curds, brussel sprouts, truffle fries, and sea salted fries. I recommend the fried pickles served with chipotle ranch.
Starters include Nacho Average Nachos, wings, hummus, buffalo chicken egg rolls, and a cheese board.
There are also several soups like Tito’s Beef Chili and salads like the Harvest Salad, as well as burgers, a grilled chicken sandwich, and a veggie sandwich. Rich recommends the Boneshaker, which is a sandwich with rosemary and garlic infused pulled pork, provolone cheese, roasted Italian long hots on a kaiser roll.
Dos Tacos (served with tortilla chips and salsa) are available in chicken, steak, and fish. I highly recommend the Fiesta tacos with fajita spiced roasted corn, edamame, bell peppers, black beans, topped with smoked cheddar, avocado, and cilantro.
Entrees include Mahi Mahi, Brewer’s Pie, and Blacked Chicken. If you save enough room, desserts include Apple Pie Bread Pudding, Burn Everything Chocolate Cake, and a Cookie Sundae.
The pub is open Monday to Wednesday 11:30 AM to 10 PM, Thursday 11:30 AM to 11 PM, Friday 11:30 AM to midnight, Saturday 11 AM to midnight, and Sunday 11 AM to 9 PM. There is a parking lot off DeKalb Street offering free parking.