|Noble Ale Works
1621 S. Sinclair St. Ste B | Anaheim, CA 92806
Noble Ale Works is a microbrewery located within walking distance of both the Honda Center and Angel Stadium at the Stadium Plaza Business Park in the Platinum Triangle in Anaheim, California.
Noble Ale Works opened in 2010. The brewery was founded by Jerry Kolbly from Newport Beach Brewing Company and attorney Steve Mills. Kolbly and Mills brewed the beer when the brewery first opened. Current brewer Evan Price joined the team in 2012.
Price started as a homebrewer inspired by a trip through Europe, visiting pubs throughout England, Ireland, Belgium, Germany, and the Czech Republic. His hobby turned into a career when he started working as an Assistant Brewer for BJ’s Brewhouse. After working in the Laguna Hills, Brea, and West Covina locations, he become a Brewer at Hangar 24 Brewery in Redlands, California.
In 2009, Price became the Head Brewer at TAPS Fish House & Brewery in Brea, California. (FYI – TAPS has a killer brunch buffet that can’t be missed if you’re in the area.) It was at TAPS that Price learned to brew the classic European beer styles he fell in love with during his European trip. In 2012 Price brought his talents and became the Head Brewer for Noble Ale Works.
The beers on tap during our visit included…
- Pilsnear – 4.4% ABV Pilsnery Ale
- Swoll Patrol – 4.6% ABV American Lager
- The Manchesterer – 4.5% ABV Belgian-style Premium Bitter on Nitro
- Lemon Shandyland – 3.5% ABV Wheat Beer and Homemade Lemonade
- Grapefruit Shandyland – 3.5% ABV Wheat Beer and Homemade Grapefruitade
- Pistol Whip’d – 4.5% ABV Pils
- Baby Gaga – 4.4% ABV Session IPA
- Breakaway – 5% ABV Pale Ale
- Big Whig IPA – 6.8% ABV India Pale Ale
- Tongue Tickles – 8% ABV Double IPA
- Wakatu Showers – 8.8% ABV Single Hopped Double IPA
- Mosaic Yum Yum – 12.3% ABV Mosaic Hopped Triple IPA
- English 201 – 5.8% ABV British-style ESB
- Man’s Milk – 6.1% ABV Milk Stout on Nitro
- The Londoner – 5% ABV Brown Porter
- Naughty Sauce – 5.4% ABV Golden Milk Stout with Coffee on Nitro
- Princess Peach’s Plumber Party! – 3.5% ABV Peach Iced Tea Beer
- I Believe I Can Chai – 5.4% ABV Chai Latte Beer
- We Saved Latin – 6.1% ABV Hoppy Belgian-style Pale Ale with Brettanomyces (collaboration with Monkish Brewing Company)
- Walruses of London – 5.2% Classic English Pale Ale on Cask
The beers at Noble Ale Works are unique and quite tasty. I loved the creativity behind Man’s Milk and Naughty Sauce, as well as the clean, wonderfully hoppy Big Whig IPA. I also secured a bottle of We Saved Latin, which was delightful.
Beers can be purchased in flights of 5 beers, 2-ounce samples, 12-ounce pours, and 16-ounce pints or 32-ounce and 64-ounce growler fills to go. Some beers are also available in bottles.
The taproom is open Monday to Thursday 4 to 11 PM, Friday 4 PM to midnight, Saturday noon to midnight, and Sunday noon to 8 PM. Be warned, however, the taproom becomes quite busy before games. But in all seriousness, the beer will be worth the wait.