|House of Brewz / Bury Me Brewing Co.
10045 Gulf Center Dr. E110 | Fort Myers, FL 33913
This is the first in another Beerventure Series, this time covering my trip to South Florida. Our first stop, soon after landing, was to House of Brewz Taps and Tapas located in Fort Myers, Florida just off Interstate 75. The restaurant is also the home of the future Bury Me Brewing Company. The restaurant offers 150 beers on tap and over 100 bottles from all over the world.
Bury Me Brewing Company had just recently installed their 3 barrel brewing system during my visit in mid-June 2014. The staff at the restaurant shared with us the brewing would begin in a week or so. While there were no Bury Me beers ready to taste, there were plenty of Florida beers on tap to try.
At the table we split 2 flights. All the beers we chose were brewed in Florida.
- Cigar City Invasion – 5.0% ABV hoppy, juicy, citrusy American Pale Ale
- Cigar City Jai Alai White Oak – 7.5% ABV IPA aged in white oak
- Cigar City Patio Tools – 5.5% ABV dry stout with notes of coffee, toffee, and cocoa notes
- Florida Avenue Blueberry – 4.5% ABV blueberry ale with loads of blueberry aroma and flavor
- Naples Beach Weizen – 4.7% ABV unfiltered wheat brewed with a traditional Bavarian yeast
- Orlando Right on Red – 5.3% ABV Irish style red ale with caramel sweetness
- Swamphead Cottonmouth – 5.0% ABV witbier brewed in the Belgian tradition
- Tampa Bay Brew Bus Rollin Dirty – 4.5% ABV red ale brewed by Cigar City
Once up and running, Bury Me Brewing will be a welcome addition to southwest Florida’s growing craft beer scene. They will brew twice a week, brewing a variety of beer styles. Each month the brewery will hold a homebrewing contest where the winner of the People’s Choice Award will get to brew that homebrew on Bury Me’s system for a local charity.