333 Douglass Street | Brooklyn, NY 11217
Threes Brewing is a brewery, bar, and event space located in Gowanus, Brooklyn, New York. Founded by Justin Israelson, Andrew Unterberg, and Joshua Stylman, the space offers a bar and dining area, a party room and music venue, a coffee shop, an outdoor patio, and a brewery.
The 15-barrel brewhouse pumps out a range of styles with a focus on farmhouse ales. The bar features 24 taps pouring Threes Brewing beers, as well as guest beers. Cocktails and wine are also available.
The Threes drafts available during our visit included…
- Table Beer – a 4.2% ABV Saison with mild citrus notes
- Unreliable Narrator – a 7.1% ABV IPA with notes of stonefruit and mango
- Anechoic – a 7.5% ABV IPA with notes of tangerine and pine
- The Divided Line – a 4.5% ABV Small IPA with grapefruit and citrus pith notes
- Vliet – a 5.2% ABV Pilsner with herbal and floral notes
- Brett Duck Porter – a 4.5% ABV Porter with Brett with notes of chocolate, plum, and mild funk
- Was It Good For You? – a 5.8% ABV Brett Saison with notes of lemon zest, fruity funk, and mild citrus hops
- Walking in Place – 7.2% ABV IPL with floral and citrus notes
The stand out beer for me was Was It Good For You? The Brett Saison was brewed in collaboration with Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, NY. The beer offered the perfect balance of funk, citrus fruitiness, and hoppy goodness. This was one of my favorite beers of the day!
The guest taps were just as impressive. Other Half Brewing Fooodre Jooose #1, a 6.5% ABV Brett Saison was superb. It’s also worth mentioning that the always delicious Prairie Artisan Ales Bomb! was on tap.
The rotating kitchen residency brings local restaurants into the space for a few weeks at a time. Roberta’s Pizza was serving up delicious food during our visit.
We enjoyed the Stracciatella. The fresh, soft cheese was served with fresh bread. Other offerings included pizza rolls, garlic knots, and unique pizzas like the Lil’ Stinker with tomato, mozzarella, parmesan, 2X garlic, onions, and pepperoncini.
The bar is open Monday to Friday 5 PM to 2 AM and Saturday and Sunday noon to 2 AM. The coffee shop is open Monday to Friday 7 AM to 6 PM and Saturday and Sunday 8 AM to 6 PM.
For delicious beers and tasty food, don’t miss Threes Brewing.