937 Douglas Ave | Dunedin, FL 34698
Dunedin Brewery is Florida’s oldest microbrewery, recently celebrating their 18th anniversary. Their hand-crafted beers are brewed in 15 barrel batches by brewers Trace Caley and Richard Crance. Much of their beer is available on premise, while some kegs are sent out to bars and restaurants in the Tampa Bay, Florida area through JJ Taylor Distribution & Craft Beer Distributors, Inc.
There is a small parking lot in front of the brewery. The bar, stage, and indoor dining area are situated next to the brewing equipment in a garage-like space. The brewery is decorated with various brewing swag including empty bottles, T-shirts, beer steins, and brewing medals. A chalkboard above the bar lists the current beers on tap and food specials. There’s also an outdoor biergarten-like seating area.
The year-round standard ales are available in pints for $4.50, half-pints for $3, and pitchers for $14. These standards include…
- Gold Ale – 5.2% ABV light-bodied ale, golden in color; small hop bouquet, slightly sweet.
- Wheat Ale – 5.6% ABV ale brewed with malted American wheat for a smooth taste.
- Apricot Peach Ale – 5.6% ABV sweet, refreshing, and fruitful ale. Their most popular.
- Red Ale – 5.0% ABV ruby red medium-bodied ale with caramel balanced with hop spice.
- Pale Ale – 6.0% ABV, 50 IBU ale with aromas of American hop flowers and malts
- Brown Ale – 6.0% ABV ale brewed with 7 different malts; flavors of caramel and chocolate.
In addition to the standards, some special brews on tap include…
- Nelson Sauvin IPA – 6.5% ABV India Pale Ale
- Bring the Noise – 6.2% ABV Coconut Curry Saison
- American Classic IPA – 7.2% ABV American India Pale Ale
- Flashlight Lager – 5.5% ABV lager
- Red Apricot Cordial – 6.0% ABV with chocolate and vanilla
- Biere de Cafe – 6.0% ABV Brown Ale with coffee and chocolate
Some beers are available to go in 22 ounce bottles including the 18th Anniversary American Pilsner, The Moon Reflects on Hibiscus, Apricot Peach, Biere de Cafe, and Flashlight Lager. Other vintage beers also randomly show up in bottles.
Visitors can take a tour of the brewery every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 5 PM. The tour costs $5 and includes a Dunedin Brewery glass and samples of beer.
Tasty eats available at the brewpub include appetizers like mix and match chips and dips, hand-cut French fries, kettle chips, onion rings, pretzel bits, fried cheese curds (and jalapeño cheese curds), loaded nachos, and wings.
Meals include chicken tenders, West Coast Fish, Chopped Buffalo Chicken, Smoked Blackened Chicken Tacos or Burrito, and Black Bean Tacos or Burritos. Sandwiches include the Brewte Wrap, Crispy or Grilled Chicken Wrap, Southern Slow-Pulled Pork Wrap or Sandwich, Smoked Sweet and Spicy Chicken Sandwich, Brewery Chicken Sandwich, and The Pub Burger.
Bands perform at the brewery every weekend. T-shirts, hoodies, hats, and glassware are available for purchase.
If you’re looking for a spot in Dunedin to grab a pint and a meal, be sure to check out Dunedin Brewery.