130 S Highland Ave | Fullerton, CA 92832
Bootlegger’s Brewery, located in downtown Fullerton, California, was founded by homebrewer Aaron Barkenhagen. He developed his business plan while enrolled in the Entrepreneurship program at California State University, Fullerton.
After a year of construction and licensing, the small brewery opened with a 7 barrel brewhouse in 2008, becoming Fullerton’s first packaging microbrewery.
The bar offers several Bootlegger beers on tap, which are listed on the chalkboard on the wall. Stay inside and play some arcade games, or sit in the outdoor patio, which features biergarten-style picnic table seating with umbrellas. The brewery is dog-friendly, and patrons are encouraged to bring outside food to enjoy with their brews.
The beers on tap during our visit included…
- Old World Hefeweizen – 5% ABV German-style Unfiltered Wheat Ale
- Palomino Pale Ale – 5.5% ABV Classic American Pale Ale
- Rustic Rye IPA – 6.2% ABV American Rye India Pale Ale
- Golden Chaos – 8.5% ABV Belgian Golden Ale
- Black Phoenix – 6.7% ABV Coffee Chipotle Stout
- Rocco Red – 7.1% ABV American Red Ale
- Ugly Molly – 6.4% ABV Scotch Ale
- Belgian Blonde – 5% ABV Special Release
- Eagle Tears – 5.7% ABV Hoppy Amber Ale
Beers can be purchased in half pints, full pints, and flights for consumption in house or growler fills and bottles to go. Sample flights include four 4-ounce pours in Mason jars for $7 served in a wooden carrier.
The tasting room is open Sunday to Thursday from 11 AM to 10 PM, and Friday and Saturday from 11 AM to midnight. Mondays feature Cornhole tournaments at 7 PM. Trivia Night is Wednesday at 7 PM.